Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recently.

Dearest FinerThingz Readers,
I am here to explain our absence over the past few weeks. I know you all have been in desperate worry of when we would return. Worry no more--we are back and more fed in the word than ever. It would be unfair for me to even begin to describe the encounter with Christ we have both together and personally experienced in the past few weeks. God has opened our eyes to new friends, new worship, new meaning, and new vision.
I have experienced a great shift in heart. God has been so ever present in every detail that some heavy worldly desires I have had are melting away only to be replaced by a beautiful dependence on him. I have learned especially in the last 2 weeks that I am made for worship. All I want to do is worship. God has shattered my need for academic perfection and thought me that I am made for something so much larger than this.
Today I am just going to ask my good friend Sarah about what she is learning and how in the past few weeks God has completely worked the both of us and the world around us.

C: How are you?
S: Good. I’ve been striving and thriving the past few weeks. How are you?

C: How have you been challenged/amazed/completely blown away by God’s hand lately?
S: Well I’ve been completely blown away recently by seeing God’s hand working right in the lives around me. I’ve been able to witness in the past week how people can just be thirsty for the Word and God’s love. It’s so encouraging to have people to discuss these things with.

C: What is your favorite song today?
S: Imma say “Holy” by Andy Cherry. I’ve been on his Myspace all day. Is that weird?

C: What is the coolest thing you have done this week? (Really only one answer is appropriate here---it better include wal-mart, flowers, and the quad)
S: Aside from flowers, wal-mart, and the quad, I’d say the retreat I had the chance to go this past weekend was pretty cool. I was privileged enough to be working with friends from Gardner-Webb who are each just so encouraging and love talking about the Lord and sharing it as much as possible. The theme of the weekend was “Revealed” and we focused on diving deep into the Word and really comprehending it. After comprehending it, the next step is to take it and apply it to your life. Do as James wrote; “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” Not only do I think this was a good lesson to teach for the youth of my home church, but I know it was something I also needed to hear and was grateful for this opportunity.

C. Describe in one word how you feel in this current state.
S: Peaceful.

C: What did you learn today?
S: Well I read today somewheres in Colossians 3 that the peace of Christ should rule in my heart and that the Word of Christ should dwell in me richly. Also for whatever I do, whatever happens, I should be constantly thanking God. Also, John 3:30 has been in the front of my mind ever since yesterday morning.

Fellow Readers, Thank you again for such dedication to this adventure. To our dedicated followers you are in our prayers always and your friendship is encouraging.

Forever,
FinerThingz.

No comments:

Post a Comment